The great evidence based tool, Essential Evidence Plus previously known as infoPOEMs is reviewed on the Pocket PC platform in the following video;
This is a filtered synopsized graded evidence based clinical knowledge database right on our PDA. The content is derived from more than 100 high profile medical journals that are continuously monitored for the latest that matters.
It also include some other tools check out Pda4peds for reviews of the following sections:
What’s great about it, is that it talks in simple language making all those Cochrane reviews easy to read and easy to understand. POEM in fact stands for Patient Oriented Evidence that Matters; it really is. They present the complicated literature articles in a clinical question format answered in the most simplest way.
Targeting primary health care physicians, the app certainly is useful for us pediatricians as we essentially work in a primary care setting.
Free from pharmaceutical companies support makes it independent and free from bias.
The application automatically syncs itself with the desktop as the PDA is connected retrieving the latest updates of the database which is done quite frequently on a monthly basis sometimes.
However, there are some features that can still make the EE+ even greater and here’s a list of suggestions:
- It would be great to include the daily or monthly infoPOEMs emails in the form of recent updates or what’s new into the app. And perhaps some FDA alerts.
- The EE+ podcasts would better be included into the application not only on the website.
- More extensive cross linking among the articles needed
- An Over the Air update is more convenient than the desktop updater.
- Intergration with Lexi-Comp & Tarascon is great but how about more options such as Epocrates or Skyscape.
Like the EE+! you can vote for it in the Best Evidence Based applications poll.
Tags: Essential Evidence Plus